Types of meronymy (Winston et al. (1987), cited in Mulkar-Mehta et al. (2011)):
- (i) Component-Integral (e.g., pedal is a component of the integral bike),
- (ii) Member-Collection (e.g., a ship is a member of the collection, a fleet),
- (iii) Portion-Mass (e.g., a slice is a portion of the mass, a pie),
- (iv) Stuff-Object (e.g., steel is one of the ingredients/stuff of the object car),
- (v) Feature-Activity (e.g., paying is one of the features of the whole activity of shopping),
- (vi) Place-Area (e.g., Everglades is a place within the area of Florida).