AKA "baby step" approach (Lee et al. 2012)
From Lee et al.: "Our model follows a cautious (or “baby steps”) approach, which we previously showed to be successful for entity coreference resolution (Raghunathan et al., 2010; Lee et al., 2011)."
TODO: overview? Xie et al. (2015)
- Yoav Goldberg and Michael Elhadad. 2010. An Ef- ficient Algorithm for Easy-First Non-Directional De- pendency Parsing. In Human Language Technologies: The 2010 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter ofthe Association for Computational Linguis- tics, pages 742–750, Los Angeles, California, June. Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Stephen Tratz and Eduard Hovy. 2011. A fast, effective, non-projective, semantically-enriched parser. In Proc. ofEMNLP.
- Ji Ma, Tong Xiao, Jingbo Zhu, and Feiliang Ren. 2012. Easy-First Chinese POS Tagging and Dependency Parsing. In Proceedings of COLING 2012, pages 1731–1746, Mumbai, India, December. The COLING 2012 Organizing Committee.
- Ji Ma, Jingbo Zhu, Tong Xiao, and Nan Yang. 2013. Easy-First POS Tagging and Dependency Parsing with Beam Search. In Proceedings of the 51st Annual Meeting ofthe Association for Computational Linguis- tics (Volume 2: Short Papers), pages 110–114, Sofia, Bulgaria, August. Association for Computational Lin- guistics.
- Lee, H., Recasens, M., Chang, A., Surdeanu, M., & Jurafsky, D. (2012). Joint Entity and Event Coreference Resolution across Documents. (EMNLP-CoNLL 2012) Proceedings of the 2012 Joint Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing and Computational Natural Language Learning, (July), 489–500.
- Xie, J., Ma, C., Doppa, J. R., Mannem, P., Fern, X. Z., Dietterich, T. G., & Tadepalli, P. (2015). Learning Greedy Policies for the Easy-First Framework. AAAI, 2339–2345. Retrieved from http://dblp.uni-trier.de/db/conf/aaai/aaai2015.html#XieMDMFDT15