This page lists broad applications of NLP techniques...
- Voice command/assistant
- Automatic transcript
- Digital humanities: Strange et al. (2014)
Text or modality-independent
- Analysis (text --> labels)
- Social monitoring
- Market intelligence/Survey analysis
- CV screening (recruitment)
- Language check (grammar, fluency, naturalness, etc.)
- Customer support (matching questions with answers in a knowledge base)
- Email filtering
- Indexing/retrieval (text --> index)
- Targeted advertising
- Recommender systems
- Information retrieval: Baeza-Yates (2014)
- Knowledge management (e.g. in healthcare, government)
- Generation (... --> text)
- Machine translation
- Strange, C., Mcnamara, D., Wodak, J., & Wood, I. (2014). Mining for the Meanings of a Murder : The Impact of OCR Quality on the Use of Digitized Historical Newspapers. Digital Humanities Quarterly, 8(1), 1–17.
- Baeza-Yates, R. (2004). Challenges in the interaction of information retrieval and natural language processing. In Proceedings of 5th international conference on Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing (CICLing) (pp. 445–456).